Thursday, July 15, 2010

no hesitation

Nike has created a phrase that now rings in each of our heads, “just do it" - Most of us think that phrase is rather well, quaint. Is this merely an advertising slogan, or is it an invitation to life?

I have spent much time in life trying to decide "what I want to be when I grow up." I think that I am guilty just as many are of hesitation, of worrying that I won't choose the right thing. Perhaps I fear that somehow I cannot read my own heart and I will somehow fall short of what I imagine my goals to be. Possibly my hesitation is rooted in the reaction of others. I spend far too much time asking for permission or opinions on my next "move in life".

I think when it is all boiled down, it is time to just pick up the apple and take a big bite! If you get some seeds or a bad spot, work with that! If it is sweet and delicious- bite again! Cut it up and make a pie! Make applesauce! Do what YOU need to do. Make it YOUR own-

No hesitation- just DO it!